1. Introduction to Horses: An overview of horse behaviour, anatomy, and care, including how to approach, groom, and tack up a horse.
2. Horse Safety: Emphasising safety protocols while handling and riding horses, such as wearing appropriate riding gear and practising safe practices around horses.
3. Mounting and Dismounting: Learning how to mount (get on) properly and dismount (get off) a horse safely and with the correct techniques.
4. Basic Riding Positions: Develop a balanced and secure seat while sitting on the horse, including proper leg position, hand placement, and posture.
5. Walk and Halt: Learning to control the horse at a walk and practice halting (stopping).
6. Steering and Turning: Teaching basic steering and turning cues to direct the horse in different directions.
7. Trotting (Posting or Sitting): Introducing the trot, a two-beat gait, and learning to either post (rise and fall with the horse's movement) or sit the trot.
8. Basic Riding Aids: Understanding and using natural aids (seat, legs, hands) to communicate with the horse.
9. Riding Circles, Change of Direction& Figure Eights: Practicing riding in circles and figure eights to improve control and communication with the horse.
10. Horse Care and Grooming: Understanding basic horse care, such as grooming, feeding, and recognising signs of a healthy horse.
11. Horsemanship: Developing a bond and connection with the horse, building trust, and understanding horse behaviour.
12. Building Confidence: Fostering a positive and encouraging environment to help new riders gain confidence and feel comfortable with horses.